Non dt+n Athlete Lake Placid Training Camp 2020
Reconnaissance of the IM Lake Placid triathlon race course for the July race or a fabulous training retreat to the mountains that can be applied to other key events. This training camp is designed for beginner to advanced triathletes. The camp will be a non-competitive/small group learning environment designed to enhance individual’s endurance training & fitness. Do as much or as little as you prefer.
At this camp you will:
- Gather first-hand knowledge of the course, including Mirror Lake, The Keene Descent, The Climbs (Jay Hill / Whiteface; Cherries & Bears) and challenging run course.
- Learn strategies and skills to help you improve energy conservation, optimize fueling and hydration.
- Get a big block of three key days into your training plan to help you prepare you for race day or just enjoy the experience.
- Have ability to focus on weak/lagging areas i.e., open water swimming, cycling and/or running on a technical course, transitions and nutrition, to maximize performance.
Sample Itinerary (June 21st-June 23rd):
- Friday: Registration, Open Water Swim Clinic including 1.2 or 2.4 mile Supported Swim with Stroke Evaluation, Dinner & Presentations.
- Saturday: 56 or 112 mile Bike Ride/:30- 1:00 Bricked Run; stride & technique evaluation. Luncheon with Round Table Discussion, Sponsor Giveaways and More.
- Sunday: Presentation, 13 or 20/2 mile Run, Round Table Discussion & Wrap-Up.
All workouts will be supported. Our team looks forward to meeting your every need during each phase of the camp. Each workout will begin with a brief discussion of goals/objectives to be obtained and conclude with a roundtable discussion of the day’s actual performance/s. Thus, allowing each athlete to gain the most from their and their fellow camper’s experience. Please take into consideration, our camp is a group workout volume based camp not a one on one individual instruction. We do our best to attend to each camper and give you pointers throughout the workouts. If, you are interested in a specific area to be evaluated please prompt us or touch base at registration. We are here to help.
- $545- per non dt+n athlete before Dec 31, 2018
- $595- per non dt+n athlete after Dec 31, 2018
**Due to limited space cancellations subject to 50% refund up until 8 weeks prior to camp. Thereafter, full forfeiture of fee. No exceptions.
A room block has been reserved at the Adirondack Inn @ a discounted rate. Call and ask for the Draper Training Group Rate @ (800) 556-2424. *All events will begin/end at this location. Room block will be available for a limited time. Book early.
Register Today! Space is limited.