Hello Swimmer…or Aspiring Swimmer!
If, you are a swimmer, wanna be, or triathlete and live in the Central New Jersey area and want to improve your open water swimming you need to join dt+n at Peddie Lake in Hightstown, NJ this season. Our mantra, “Make Each Swim a Memorable Experience.” All abilities welcome in the water. Let us help you reach your swimming potential today!
dt+n’s ‘Wake Around the Lake’
- 25% OFF Season Pass Sale. Get Yours Today!
- PLEASE read the Updated COVID-19 Plan prior to attendance.
- “Like us” on Facebook for ALL Swim Announcements for the 2020 season.
Peddie Lake Open Water Swim Updated COVID-19 Plan
Hello swimmers! Hope you and yours are well. dt+n is currently planning on announcing the opportunity to begin practice swims for the 2020 season while adhering strictly to COVID-19 guidelines from the Governor, USAT sanctioning and the CDC. It is most important that you come to Peddie fully prepared and knowledgeable of the updated plan.
- Please stay home if you have visited a “hot spot” with high COVID-19 infection rates in the last 30 days. Stay home and contact your medical professional if you have any of the following: fever, difficulty breathing, cough, recent loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Please wear a mask for the check-in process.
- Allot 6ft of personal space between you and others on line during check in. We will cap the number of swimmers at 25 till the Governor lifts restrictions. No daily passes at this time.
- No touch sneeze guarded check in. Have your electronic receipt via mobile device or paper, ID and USAT membership in hand, clearly visible to check-in personal to safely expedite the process. Exercise social distancing with the staff please. If, something is not visible please comply with staff’s request to slide it under the sneeze guard for a clear visual.
- A gloved/masked check-in volunteer will ask you to acknowledge the posted updated guidelines/sign a waiver then provide you with a numbered Tyvek wrist band, under the sneeze guard, which you must place on your wrist in visual of the check in personal. The desk will mark this placement of band as your swim entry time.
- You MUST check out with the desk upon exit. This will be your swim exit time. All swimmers will be accounted for by this process. Please exercise 6ft of personal space if another individual is on line at the desk. In the past, we cut off the band for you. We will not be doing this this season. Please do so at home. Do not pull off and leave a footprint. Let’s leave the park cleaner than when we arrived.
- Please refrain from physical touch of others if you did not travel with them. This includes assisting others with wetsuits. If, you cannot get your wetsuit on by yourself we advise the support of a family, friend or loved one you have traveled with.
- In the past, we have designated the grass area to the left of check in as a staging area to dawn wetsuits, etc. This area can continue to be be used for staging your gear, towels, etc. Please use social distancing of 6ft or greater in doing so. Remember, we are also not the only individuals using Peddie Lake. It would be nice to please give others the right away in passing. Kindness goes a long way.
- Swim entry and exit will be via the boat ramp vs dock to allow 6ft of personal space. Please exercise caution while walking on the rocky bottom.
- No swimmers or support will be allowed to congregate on the dock or hanging from the side of the dock. The dock will be designated for swim staff/ lifeguards only.
- While on the swim course, participants will navigate around the 3 buoy triangular loop while socially distancing themselves with 6ft or greater of water on all sides. It will be the responsibility of a swimmer passing a swimmer, in front of them, to maintain this distance. Please be courteous to your neighbor. Good practice is to visualize three lanes, like a track, around the course from the inner to the outer perimeter namely, Slow; >2:00min/100yds, Medium; <2:00min/100yds and </=1:30/100yds as Fast. Please self seed yourself accordingly to allow flow. There is more than enough lake for all. Once the end time is reached, all swimmers must exit promptly with social distancing, walk to the grass staging area/apply mask, check out with table, gather all belongings and promptly exit the grass area to their car. To avoid a wait in line, think about not waiting to the last minute to exit.
- Water support will be provided as usual following USAT’s sanctioning guidelines of 1 lifeguard per 50 swimmers. As has been seen in prior years, we like to ensure the upmost safety and average higher than normal lifeguard to swimmer sanctioning guidelines. Please alert a guard if in distress by waving your swim cap. In the event of an emergency situation I.e., CPR lifeguards and trained personal will respond appropriately with a masked/gloved approach.
- No facilities for changing or port-o-johns will be available. Changing can be done within one’s vehicle. Please no public nudity. Limit exposure with wraps and/or towels. We encourage you to leave an open space between cars in the designated parking area behind Wells Fargo bank.
- If you plan to bike or run after the swim, please be responsible for maintaining social distancing guidelines.
2020 dt+n OPEN WATER SEASON SCHEDULE
Weekday; Friday 6-7:30pm
Weekend; Saturday 7-9:00am
12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27
10, 11, 17, 24, 25, 31
1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28, 29
Q & A
Please take the time to read through some commonly asked Questions/Answers.
Are dt+n’s swims at Peddie Lake a USAT event and are they permitted?
Yes. Hightstown Boro & USAT permitted and insured posted swim times. Swimming outside of scheduled swims is not permitted. You must be a USAT one day or annual member to swim.
Do I have to wear a wetsuit?
No. But, for you reference USAT rules state that competitors may wear wetsuits if the water temperature is 78 degrees or lower. If the water temperature is 84 degrees or above, participants may not wear wetsuits. We ask you to align yourself with such rules to carry into your event/s.
Is Peddie Lake safe to swim In?
Yes. We work in conjunction with the NJ Watershed to ensure weekly water quality. A baseline water quality is gathered for one month prior to the start of the season to ensure water quality. Thereafter, the water is tested each week. Note, the quality of the water can change with extreme weather. We reserve the right to cancel swims for your safety in such cases.
How old do participants need to be to swim at Peddie?
All participants must be 13 and over on or before 12/31 in the year of event. The parent or guardian must have a photo ID, be over 18 years of age, and sign both the USAT waiver and Peddie Lake Open Water Swim Waiver in dt+n’s online sign-in process.
Are there lifeguards?
Yes. Our certified lifeguards are manning kayaks with rescue tubes at all times for your safety and peace of mind. We ask you to please consider tipping the ‘lifesavers’ at the dt+n tent during check-in or out for their service. It is greatly appreciated!
I am a beginner. How far should I be able to swim to attend the open water sessions?
Our course is approximately 325 yards in length(note, distance may vary from week to week as we drop buoy anchor freshly before each swim). It is highly recommended that you be able to swim that length before attending. You can swim shorter out/backs from dt+n’s registration to approximately 25 yards out to build confidence. If, you would like more one on one individual attention consider one of our open water swim clinics…excited to announce ROKA and Cervelo will be joining some of our clinics this season with Demo fleets! A MUST can’t miss experience.
Will there be day of registration?
Yes(but, not how it was in previous years). With dt+n taking over the event. Our mission was to expedite the sign-in process. Please have all your purchases made online prior to arriving at check-in and have them available for confirmation you will move more swiftly to swim. There is no ability to ‘paper purchase’ at check-in. You will be asked to step aside and purchase via your smartphone via credit card, show proof then swim. Nobody has time to waste waiting in line… To swift swimming!
Can I wear my own swim cap?
No. We will provide you with a custom silicone white dt+n swim cap. You must wear the dt+n swim cap provided. Please bring this cap to each swim after you have received it during your initial visit. To saving the environment..please recycle!
How will you know if I entered or left the water?
You will have a numbered tyvek band with your name and time entering the water recorded at check-in. You MUST check out at the tent upon exiting the water. Failure to do so will result in termination of ability to swim. Please consider your safety. It is our priority.
If, you should have any further inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.
Best value…enjoy unlimited swimming!
- $168.75 25% OFF SALE /225- Regular Season
One Day Swim
USAT One Day Membership
USAT SANCTIONED EVENT
dt+n’s Peddie Lake Open Water Swims are USAT sanctioned and insured. Therefore, you are subject to USAT rules as follows. At each swim you attend you will need to bring your USAT card and photo ID. NO ID, NO SWIM, NO EXCEPTIONS. If, you are a USAT member and you do not bring your photo ID, there are two options:
a.Go home and get it
b.Have someone email it to your phone
If, you are not a USAT member you will need a 1-day USAT membership for each swim you attend at Peddie. One day memberships can be purchased online in dt+n’s checkout process. If, your USAT membership expires/expired mid season you have the ability to purchase a One-Day USAT if you are a Peddie Lake Season Pass Holder in dt+n’s Shop. If, you do not bring your USAT membership you have four options:
a. Access a temporary card
b. Go home and get it
c. Purchase a One Day and submit receipt to be applied to a membership renewal(we cannot procure Annual memberships)
d. Use the USAT Card App available for download through the App Store and Google Play store
Our mission is to have you swim swiftly. Please have made your purchase prior to arriving at check-in and have your purchase available for confirmation. This will ensure you and your fellow athletes move more swiftly to swim.
WEATHER & WATER QUALITY
We will do everything in our power to provide dt+n’s Peddie Lake Open Water Swims as scheduled. However, if severe weather i.e., lightning/thunder storms are in the vicinity we undoubtedly will keep you out of the water and out of harms way. Additionally, we have the water tested weekly. If the water quality does not meet standards on a particular day we will not expose you to such conditions. Thus, causing a cancellation. No refunds. An announcement will be posted on our Facebook page as soon as a decision relevant to the above is made. Sorry we cannot control Mother Nature.
Swimming will be done in a continuous clockwise pattern (3-Red triangular dt+n buoys always on your right shoulder). Swimmers can start and stop at any time. The distance of the triangular course is approximately 325 yards. Please note anchored buoys are dropped freshly each week. Thus, the distance may vary slightly. Multiple loops can be done to achieve desired training time or distance.